Gold and two silver!
Great news from Italy: Valeria Garashchenko won the gold championship and two silver medals of the European Championship in kiteboarding. Congratulations from Yacht Russia!
Here is what the press service of the Russian youth team said: “In Europe, the European kiteboarding championship and European championship came to an end in Sardinia. From the first day of the competition, the Russian athlete Valeria Garashchenko showed excellent results, competing with the best kiteboarders in Europe.
“I just don’t believe that the European Championship is over! We had 5 racing days, one of which was dedicated to the team standings. A total of 19 races were held for each fleet. As a result, I became the first among girls under 19 and the second among European athletes. At the same time, my coach and I managed to get silver in the team event. It was unexpected! ”- Valeria shared in social networks with her subscribers. But, especially for our readers, the young athlete, in a short interview, talked about how this victory was given to her and about the "pitfalls" that racers faced during the regatta.
– Valeria, judging by the results – the first days of the European Championship and Championship were not easy, but we note that the results are decent. What were the difficulties?
– The water area was unknown to us – we came to Thor Grande (Oristano) for the first time. On the first and second day I had very unstable congregations – in the top five or top ten … In my opinion, even the twentieth came in some races! The wind was set, unstable, and the gusts came very sharp. In addition to weather conditions, algae that clung to hydrofoils brought difficulties. I also want to note that all the girls are very strong. It was possible to lose not just because of a fall, but even if you didn’t start in a clean wind, you immediately fly out of the top ten, because it’s hard to compete.
– In your video on social networks, you also said that you and the coach took second place. You were very happy about this, because it was the first time in this discipline! How did you like them so much, what is their feature?
– Yes, on the third day, my coach and I, Alexei Chibizov, decided to participate in the team event, and I was very surprised at our result. This is a new and very interesting format that will be at the Olympics! Here the race lasts less than eight minutes, they are held several in a row. This is superemotional! You are worried about how you will perform, try to do everything at maximum. At the same time, you don’t know how your teammate will speak, and you worry about him so much, you’re sick, you’re watching. Particularly exciting is the moment when he finishes, and you must start at that moment.
– Team races motivated you? After all, after them, your results have improved.
– I think this partly influenced the two final days, because yesterday I went all day very well. True, in the last stretches before the very finish I fell, caught grass, and there were blockages. I was worried, of course, on the fourth day of the races … Nevertheless, today I got together and perfectly skated. In three races I came in second, and in the last I was third. I tried to follow the winds, took good starts – this greatly affects the result. The day was great! The result of the competition was unexpected for me, but finally I managed to break out into the top 3! Now ahead is the fourth stage of the World Cup. Honestly, I’m already set up! "
For detailed results, see the official website of the European Championship –
78 Yesterday # 9518