"Beautiful boats – like women"

June 4, 2019       "Beautiful boats – like women"       A short, but very nice note, as well as a photo to it, was published by the popular sailing site www.sailingscuttlebutt.com. We decided to introduce you to this publication: Before you – 86-year-old Donald Street and his 88-year-old "Dragon". Straight claims that his "Dragon" is the oldest of those who still go out on the water, and he is the second oldest acting skipper of the "Dragons" in the world. Next to Read more

Environmental hype: Venice may ban motor boats

Committee of the Foundation “Venice is in danger”, consisting of scientists, members of associations of electric boats and the representatives of the city authorities, took the initiative to replace the Motorboats on boats with zero emissions. It is reported by Boatinternational. The call is to ensure that all the water in the city was electrified by 2028. According to activists, it will not only reduce air pollution and noise, but also will make once and forget about the waves that Read more

Frydenbo Marine acquired a controlling stake in Nordkapp Boats

Norwegian Frydenbo Marine now owns 80% stake in the company-countrywomen Nordkapp Boats. The transaction value was not disclosed. The remaining 20% of shares through the company Nordkapp Invest AS will dispose of the former sole owner of the Nordkapp Antonsen Ronnie (Ronny Antonsen). Frydenbo and Nordkapp are working together not only on production but also on the DISTRIBUTION of boats and engines in the countries of Scandinavia since 2001. Total turnover of both companies last year amounted to about 500 Read more

Gone era: he became the founder of Glastron Boats

Last week, 26 January 2019, at his home in Austin (Texas) died , William “bill” Gaston (William “Bill” Gaston) — a man who stood at the origins of the American manufacturer of sport boats Glastron Boats. He was 91. Having trained to be a mechanical engineer at the University of Texas, Gaston went to Detroit (Michigan), where he enrolled in the formal program of training, to be able to combine work with study. In the end, he graduated from the Read more

Best semi-displacement boats 2019

A list for those who are the most important range Talk about displacement craft, caught in the shortlist for the award European Powerboat of the Year 2019. This prize is awarded to the boat show in düsseldorf, founded the most influential yacht magazines in the world. Journalists on the results of the test drives have determined nominees for the award. In the category displacement yachts they first of all paid attention on level of comfort and safety on Board, efficiency Read more

Baglietto showed a concept of a 40-meter boats from Horacio Bozzo

Aluminum motor yacht with a raised pilothouse, which yet bears the name of “Housing 10232”, will be built on an individual project for an American customer. This project Baglietto is one of the few fully custom projects in the segment of 40-meter boats and the first collaboration between Italian shipyard with designer Horacio Bozzo. “We are very proud of this absolutely unique project. It is a new step to the perfect design, the development of which is our main aim Read more

The best boats 25 to 35 feet

A pleasure boat caught in the shortlist for the award European Powerboat of the Year — 2019 Award European Powerboat of the Year is awarded annually in the framework of the international boat show Boot Dusseldorf. It covers all categories of boats and motor yachts, except that the megayachts. Journal itBoat tells about the nominee for 2019. Last time we introduced the readers with boats up to 25 feet, caught in the shortlist for the prize this year. This article Read more

Best boats to 25 feet

The smallest award nominees European Powerboat of the Year 2019 Journal itBoat continues a series of publications about the nominee of the award “European boat of the year 2019”. Earlier we talked about candidates for the title of best among the sailboats. Starting with this release we will focus on the nominees among the motor boats. Today we will provide you with a short list selected by the jury for the category of “Best power boat up to 25 feet”. Read more

Auckland will introduce an additional fee for large boats during America’s Cup

The city Council of Auckland (New Zealand) offers to charge the owners of yachts that will be anchored in the Hauraki Gulf during the America’s Cup in 2021. It is expected that competition for boats over 40 meters will be approved daily fee $ 23 per square meter. Thus, for example, a 50-metre vessel will refill the city Treasury for 1150 dollars a day. According to adviser Chris Darby (Chris Darby) so the city can pay for the work of Read more