Found a common language?
According to the press service of the SB20 Class Russian Association, Sergey Alekseev and Alexei Semenov, candidates for the post of President of the St. Petersburg Sailing Union met at the River Yacht Club of the Trade Unions on Saturday, January 18.
As a result of the meeting, a draft Memorandum was developed, which, according to the parties, outlined ways out of the current crisis situation in which SPPS is at the moment.
We are now awaiting confirmation by the Bureau of this document. Since earlier he had already formed a membership commission.
The text of the Memorandum is attached:
on the basis of the meeting of candidates for the SPPS President
Alekseeva S.P. and Semenova A.G.
January 18, 2020
The parties, in order to avoid further conflicts, to find ways out of the current crisis, as well as to speedily resume work on the preparation and holding of the Conference, agreed on the following.
1. Create a commission to review issues of membership in the SPPS. The composition of the commission is determined – six people plus a technical officer (secretary). The commission should include interested parties from both the Presidium and its opponents. The proposed composition from the Bureau: Loginov V.I., Lyubomirov V.A., Brilliantov N.S. From the opposing side: one representative each from the administration of the Nuclear Weapons Commission, Association SB20, Krestovsky Island School.
The list of issues that the commission will consider:
– Reconciliation of the general list of members of the SPPS, determination of the affiliation of individuals to specific communities (crews of yachts, associations, clubs, schools, etc.);
– Definition of the list of current members of the SPPS as of January 1, 2020, eligible to vote at the Conference;
– Consideration of applications submitted before December 21, 2019 for joining the SPPS;
– Preparation of recommendations for the Presidium on admission or a reasoned refusal on the submitted applications.
Based on the results of the commission’s work, if satisfied by the decision of all parties, work begins on the recall of all filed lawsuits. The date of the Conference is set.
2. In the period of preparation for the Conference, the parties shall develop and agree on proposals on the principles for the formation of the Presidium, as well as on amendments to the Charter of the organization.
3. Prepare and sign a “public agreement” between the candidates. The purpose of the agreement is to prevent a possible blockage of further work of the SPPS. The essence of the agreement is if none of the candidates gains the required 2/3 of the votes, then the candidate with the fewest votes is removed from the election in favor of the candidate with the largest number of votes. At the same time, the starring candidate becomes the chairman of the Presidium.
50 Today # 9826