At the Yacht club of Saint-Petersburg visited racer, coach, current President of the Association of class 420 Singapore Yazid Ramli. His son Muhammad Daniel Kei Yazid, until recently, was one of the best “optimists” of Asia, he is now the Asian champion in the 420 class.
During the visit, the Academy staff conducted Yazid small tour of the Yacht club, showed launched on the linear ship “Poltava”. Yazid spoke with the coach of the Academy in the class 420 Herman Manakova, they discussed the features of training process in the two countries.
After held an open meeting for everyone, where Ramli spoke about the necessary, in his view components of success of every professional racer, and answered questions.
Here (briefly) the main points which stayed Yazid during a conversation:
– Despite the fact that sailing is the No. 1 sport in Singapore and will receive certain benefits and subsidies from the state, parents typically cover 100% of the costs of the riders. Even the best of the best, who are in the national team, the team budget covers only 60% of the costs. The sponsorship falls on the shoulders of the riders and their parents, and the Federation each class.
– Physical education is an important aspect of success in sailing in Singapore recommendations come mainly from the sports Council. Each athlete must regularly submit the required standards (running, ukraniane, pull-UPS, etc.) to get into the squad.
– The athletes of the Singapore spend on the water 9 months of the year except rainy season. In the rainy season the best racers continue to train in other areas, the rest spend most of the time in gyms.
– The championship of Singapore in the class “Optimist” usually gathers a fleet of 380 boats following the regatta the 16 best athletes get into the national team And 16 – team B.
– Discipline is a cornerstone to the success of the best Asian athletes. Despite the fact that the main funding is provided by parents, they have no right to interfere in the training process. Racer, no matter how successful and talented he was, has no right to discuss the decision of the coach is in danger of immediate expulsion. Salary Singapore trainers fixed and depends primarily on the success of their wards and not their number.
– Coaching your own child is the most difficult that could happen to a coach.
Yazid was satisfied with the visit and wished success to the Russian athletes in international competitions, noting that they have everything they need.
the press service of the Academy sailing of the Yacht club of Saint-Petersburg