The second round robin started
According to the results of two racing days of the world championship in a match flight in Yekaterinburg, the Australian crew is ahead of everyone. He is haunted by teams from Denmark, New Zealand and Poland.
The first round robin was held: each team spent 11 races, meeting in turn with all rivals.
“The day was long and productive, the juniors showed their fighting qualities brighter than on the first day,” says Flavio Naveiro, the main player of the World Junior Championship. – Our sport is highly dependent on the weather: when the wind is weak, you have to wait or change the location in search of the wind, but the race organizers cope well with all situations on the water. If there will be wind on the third and fourth days, then we will hold the second round robin and move on to the semifinals.
“It was an interesting day,” said Jeppe Borch, crew skipper from Denmark. – We went around some of the strongest teams in difficult races. In truth, my crew are very emotional, quickly moving from joy to anger. Well, we, as a team, are learning to restrain our emotions. I want to emphasize that the organization of the races is excellent, and we quickly receive answers from the organizers to all questions that arise.
“Today we lost a few matches,” said Polish skipper Igor Tarashchuk. – It would seem that this is not a very good result, but I am satisfied with our team. There are many matches ahead, and I hope we will show everything that we are capable of.
The results of the second race day of the world championship:
1. Tom Grimes, Cruising Yacht Club of Australia Team (AUS) – 10 wins in 11 races;
2. Jeppe Borch, Borch Racing Team (DEN) – 8 wins in 11 races;
3. Nick Egnot-Johnson, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron / Team KNOTS (NZL) – 8 wins in 11 races;
4. Igor Tarasiuk, HRM Racing Youth Team (POL) –8 wins in 11 races;
5. Jack Parkin, Riverside Yacht Club, Stanford Sailing Team (USA) – 7 wins in 11 races;
6. Matt Whitfield, Penarth YC / Dragon Racing Team (GBR) – 7 wins in 11 races;
7. Rocco Attili, RBYS Racing Team (ITA) – 5 wins in 11 races;
8. Aurelien Pierroz, Société des Régates du Havre Team (FRA) – 5 wins in 11 races;
9. Måns Holmberg, Holmberg Racing Team (SWE) – 4 wins in 11 races;
10. Mark Abdrakipov, MyWind Team (RUS) – 3 wins in 11 races;
11. Jakub Halouzka, Team CZE Zdenek Dybal (CZE) – 1 victory in 11 races;
12. Kodai Mutsuda, Kobe University Team (JPN) – 0 wins in 11 races.
At the end of the first round robin, the races of the second round robin started. On Wednesday, the Race Committee managed to hold two flights. The crews of Australia, New Zealand and the USA strengthened their positions by adding two wins to their piggy bank.
Races of the second round robin will continue on August 15 and 16.
The regatta will end on August 17th.
More details can be found here –
61 Yesterday # 9374