Member of the Board World Sailing Oleg Ilyin about the upcoming sailing competition evaluation boards:
From 29 September to 3 October in Torbole (lake Garda, Italy) held an evaluation competition to applicants for a room in the Olympic sailing regatta Games in 2024 (Marseille, France).
The evaluation Commission, which included professionals, members of the Committees of the WS, leading riders, trainers, representatives of mass-media, together will test different classes sailing the Board and give its authoritative opinion.
Recommendations of the Evaluation Committee will be considered at the Annual conference of the World Sailing in early November of this year. The WS Board will make the final decision and call the Olympic class boards in the men’s and women’s categories.
At the moment, to participate in the Evaluation was the regatta and will be admitted:
1. RS:XNeil Pryde – known class, monotype, not having a wing
2. Glide, Glide Class – monotype, not having a wing
3. WindsurferClass Association International class Windsurfer (International Windsurfer Class Association) is a monotype, not having wing
4. iFoil, Starboard – monotype, can be used with the wing or without
5. Bow-4Z, Gun Sails von Osterhausen GmbH – monotype, can be used with the wing or without
6. Wing – monotype, can be used with the wing or without
7. Formula, type of Foil Limited, International Formula Windsurfing Class is an open-source project was a series of Board with wing
8. Windfoil 1, the group of companies Founding industry partners: Starboard, Severne, Phantom International – monotype was in series production with the wing.
Now it is impossible to build any forecasts. The results of the contest boards we’ll know soon enough.
Our preferences on the side of the RS:x Board Sailing, which for twenty years as Olympic regattas, including the Olympic games 2020 in Enoshima. Just concluded in Saint-Petersburg the world championship once again proved the viability and great sports-the technical quality of this class. We wish him good luck!
What do you think?