On Thursday at the Russian championship in yacht class SB20 were the first race. The conditions for their conduct, there was a great. Already in the morning at waters in the Eastern part of the Gulf was blowing steady and strong South-westerly wind greater than 15 knots, gusts reaching 20 knots.
There were fears that inflate even more, and a later start will have to wait, but nothing happened. Already by 16 o’clock the racing program of the day has been fully implemented and that the racers went to the camp of the regatta to prepare for the festive opening of the championship, scheduled for the evening.
The first launch (and as it turned out, and the start of the second race, too) had to repeat twice. Many riders went too far to cross the line, and the judgment of the vessel signaled the General opinion. But at the finish with the winner of that question was: with a good lead over the rivals (almost to the minute!) he finished the race with sailors from the team of Puleva Vadim (RUS 3730). Second went to athletes from the B-team (RUS 3712), the third brought his boat to the finish line Alexei Semenov (RUS 3711).
The next race (which, as noted, started rather nervously) already from the start led the B-team. Despite the fact that keen competition it has imposed on the team of Daniel Banana (RUS 3656), benchmarks Alexei Foresters were the first. He’s a bit ahead of his pursuers and at the finish. Flow Sailing Team was satisfied with second place and third finish line this time crossed the boat with the ENG room 3327 on the sail to three points were scored by Vasily Grigoriev.
Wind conditions in the open water area, with distance, all this time remained the same: South-West wind up to 20 knots not questioned the possibility of holding races. The best team went the distance in 35-40 minutes.
However, at the end of the third race, the first incident caused, most likely, weather conditions. Already in the referee boat. RUS 3269 went to bracing and passed the finish line. As it turned out, this time on a boat broken wheel. Team Rashid Bikkenina was forced to go to the shore. A victory in this race again celebrated the B-team. For the second place long fought ENG 3511 (Sergey Musikhin) and RUS 3711 (Alexei Semenov). In the end, fortune smiled on the team “New territories”, and the sportsmen from Ekaterinburg finished third.
In the final race of the day for the whole race was in the lead and eventually claimed a deserved victory crew Daniel Banana. Vadim Pusev came second, Vasily Grigoriev was once again third.
Alexei Lesnikov (RUS steering 3712, B-team):
– Are we ready was to what will become leaders after the first race day? Partially. We successfully performed this season and today also sought, although opponents are strong. However, this year we are not so practiced in such strong wind so had some difficulty. But we will do everything possible to win. This regatta we consider and as preparation for the world Cup. Moreover, the wind there promise the same.
Pusev Vadim (RUS 3730, Victoria team):
– The barrel great today! We, however, thought it would be even stronger. In any case, as promised by the forecast. But it became stronger after just three hours. Not to say that it is “our” weather – we don’t have enough weight. Nevertheless, there are 1st and 2nd wards. Although it was hard. Boat chase with a maximum weight, had the advantage. Especially running downwind. Our main rivals, to speak still early: many of the crew has progressed very well. But there are traditional – B-team, team Alexei Semenov and Vasily Grigoriev. I would like us to win the championship? Such a task always is!
Alexei Semenov (RUS 3711, New Territories):
– During the championship of Petersburg there was little wind, but now it lacks everything. Race today was very interesting. The Navy in recent years has increased, the top crews were added. Arrived strong guys from Moscow. And day, in my opinion, failed. Forces in four races was enough but we had problems with underweight. This may explain our seventh parish in the second race. 36 pounds is a serious deficit. Third place after the first race of the day is good for us, given that I’m on the wheel recently.
The results of the Russian championship in 2019 after the first day:
1. RUS 3712 (steering Alexei Lesnikov) – 9 points
2. ENG 3730 (Vadim Posev) – 13
3. RUS 3711 (Alexey Semenov) – 16
4. RUS 3656 (Daniel Banan) – 20
5. ENG 3327 (Vasily Grigoriev) – 20
6. RUS 3468 (Alex Bolyakin) – 20