Biggest cruise ship in the world Oasis
Curious about Oasis of the Seas, the 225, 282-ton, 5, 400-passenger floating island that reinvented Royal Caribbean's definition of megaship? We've got in-depth information on Oasis' neighborhoods, including foliage-filled Central Park (12, 175 plants); innovative two-deck Loft Suites; roughly 20 onboard dining options; Caribbean itineraries and more.
Gross Registered Tons: 225, 282
Passengers (Double Occupancy): 5, 400
Passengers (Max Occupancy): 6, 680
Crewmembers: 2, 196
Length: 1, 187 feet
Width: 208 feet
Height: 213 feet (above the waterline)
Godmothers: Shawn Johnson, Daisy Fuentes, Jane Seymour, Michelle Kwan, Gloria Estefan, Darra Torres and Keisha Knight Pulliam
Wacky Oasis Facts
- The ship contains 3, 300 miles of electrical cables - roughly the width of the U.S.
- 110, 231 pounds of ice cubes are made daily.
- Central Park has 12, 500 plants, 62 vine plants, 56 trees and bamboo.
- The AquaTheater pool is 17.9 feet deep and is one of the largest pool at sea.
- 4.7 million pounds of fresh water are consumed in 24 hours.
- The ship has 7, 000 works of specially commissioned artwork.
- There are 20 chefs, 222 cooks and 102 sanitation and cleaning culinary crew.
- All breads and pastries are made fresh onboard. The bakery has a machine that makes 4, 000 rolls an hour.
- Consumption in an average week: 15, 600 pounds of beef; 16, 000 pounds of chicken; 18, 000 pounds of potatoes; 8, 000 gallons of ice cream; 10, 200 bottles of beer; 86, 400 eggs; 45, 000 pounds of fresh fruit; 62, 000 pounds of fresh vegetables; 2, 225 bottles of wine; 3, 500 bottles of water; and 18, 000 slices of pizza.
You might also like
Crown Coast Umbrellas - Compact Blue Travel Umbrella | Windproof 60+MPH - Frame Won't Break If Flipped Inside Out - Auto Open/Close Full Size Canopy - 6000 Opens Durable - Lifetime Guarantee