Carnival Cruise ship Cabins
Below are various cabin details collected from across Carnival's fleet. There is no way to cover all the options and variations for the entire fleet without getting overwhelmed with information because it is so diverse. What we have attempted to do is cover the most popular options and give you the averages from the fleet where we could.
The preceding number refers to the type of cabin.
- Interior - 1, 3, & 4
- Ocean View - 6
- Balcony - 7, 8 & 9
- Suite - are no longer referenced by type number
Each cabin type is then divided into categories based on their "desirability". A letter is used to denote the category. Generally the later the letter is in the alphabet the more desirable the cabin. More desirable categories will have higher price rates. The more desirable cabins are typically on the middle to upper decks close to the center of the ship. Although aft cabins are often considered quite desirable. Other things that affect desirability are things like obstructions and the size of the balcony.
- Ocean View - 6A, 6B, 6C.
- Balcony - 7A (obstructed balcony), 7C (cove balcony), 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, and 8G. 8M and 8N are Extended Balconies. 9B is a Premium Balcony. 9C is a Premium Vista Balcony.
- Suite - JS (Junior Suite), OS (Ocean Suite), GS (Grand Suite).
These are the average room sizes for the particular cabin type.
- Interior - 185 square feet
- Ocean View - 220 square feet (except for Fantasy & Spirit Class ships which are 185 square feet)
- Balcony - 185 square feet
- Junior Suite & Ocean Suite - 275 square feet
- Grand Suite - 300-345 square feet
These are the average balcony sizes for the particular cabin category.
- 8A through 8G - 35 square feet
- 8M and 8N - 60 square feet
- 9B - 75-85 square feet
- 9C - 75-275 square feet
- Junior Suite (JS) - 35-40 square feet
- Ocean Suite (OS) - 65-85 square feet
- Grande Suite (GS) - 85-115 square feet
Bed Options and Sizes
- King Bed - 78" L x 66" W (two twin beds put together)
- Queen Bed - 78" L x 60" W
- Twin Bed - 78" L x 33" W
- Single Sofa bed - 78" L x 32" W
- Double Sofa bed - 70" L x 50" W
- Trundle Bed - 73" L x 29" W (mattress 4-1/2" thick)
- Roll-Away Bed - 76" L x 30" W (mattress 4-1/2" thick)
- Upper Berth - 78" L x 33" W
- Safety Rail - 50" L x 6" H
- Weight Restriction - 250 pounds
- Position - 58" off the floor; 27" below the ceiling
- Portable Crib - 38" L x 24" W
Selecting A Cabin
Below is a list of some important factors that should be taken into consideration during your cabin selection process.
If ship movement is a concern:
- The best place is Midship and Lower Decks.
- The worst place is Forward on the Upper Decks, followed by Aft on the Upper Decks.
You might also like
Luggage Cruise Tag Holders Extra Wide and Thick w/9" Loops BONUS 2 Lanyards for Cabin Key Cards (4)
Office Product (Easy Read Register)